Monday, May 17, 2010

P - I -Z - Z - A

Grilled Pizza

You will need:
Pizza dough I like the kind of from Sprouts which is in the frozen section( if you buy it from Sprouts you will need to let it sit out for a few hours to thaws out. or the fresh from Trader Joe's. you can also use flat bread, lavash wraps bread.
BBQ sauce we like Master Piece Mesquite. but use your fav.
Chicken I just season it with garlic salt and pepper. 2 pieces
Cheese 16 oz.
chicken Sausage(optional, my hubby like's his meat)
Cilantro

Procedure with caution it's really good!!!

Step one -We cook the chicken on the grill so the grill is all ready heated up.
I roll out dough, one pre-bought makes two pizza. roll it out to about 1/4 thick.
*HINT you will be putting the pizza directly onto the grill so you have to put the dough onto a metal flat cooking sheet. when you do this you need to use corn meal on the metal/paddle use ALOT of it so that it comes off easy.

Next step- I put a little BBQ on the bottom instead of pizza sauce, then mix shredded chicken with a little BBQ sauce. Add to pizza, add cook sausage, cheese and Cilantro on top. that's done and ready for the grill!

*note one pizza at time until you can fit two at one time. Also don't let the pizzas sit to long it will be harder to move off the cooking sheet.


You are going to slide the pizza on the cooking sheet to make sure it moves.
Next, slide it onto the grill. Close the grill lid. it will cook for about 6-8 mins. the top with be melted but not browned all that much, check the bottom of pizza to look for a golden brown crust, that's when it's done.
ENJOY!!! I'm so looking forward to eat dinner tonight.

I eat a salad with my pizza's.

No comments:

Post a Comment